INVESTMENT SIZE AND STRUCTURE
Estancia intends to focus its investments primarily on small to lower middle market firms in the asset management industry, including established investment teams seeking a new platform from which to provide their services. The Principals intend to partner with management and investment teams in providing equity and working capital to facilitate strategic and opportunistic development of Portfolio Companies, including management buyouts from larger financial firms, private firm ownership transitions, growth initiatives, recapitalizations and investment team lift-outs. Estancia seeks diversification (7 to 10 portfolio companies) by asset class, investment style, capitalization and market segments/channels served including retail, high net worth and institutional.
The Principals expect to be the lead, and most often sole, investor for all Fund investments. In order to maximize the Fund returns, we believe it is important to remain flexible regarding our ownership. At the highest level, our strategy provides for:
- Minority or control ownership stakes.
- Equity Investments in each Portfolio Company generally ranging from $5MM – $50MM*.
- Alignment of ownership interests through compensation and equity incentive plans, i.e., sharing of economic success.
- Opportunity for management to invest along-side.
- Access to co-investment opportunities.
* May require co-investment capital